Tuesday,September 17, 2019, 04:02:42

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Welcome to Printing 3d. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,September 17, 2019, 04:02:42

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
12 Sep 2019 17:37:38
Sugar Boom Boom !!!!
Hozza:
12 Sep 2019 10:07:52
BooM!
Gaza07:
02 Jun 2019 10:29:04
we are back after a bad server crash
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 22:35:04
All OK now, looks like it was TalkTalk DNS servers
Bad Raven:
17 May 2019 18:06:19
Running ok here, try typing the url in stopping at the .uk
Gaza07:
17 May 2019 16:17:12
hmmm it should be fully prepegated now have you cleared your cache ? also make sure the link your using has no extra bits at the end like redirections.
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 15:36:41
mruk still saying 'Changing hosts we will be back soon !!!!'  for me?
Fingers crossed it runs sweet. Cheers
Gaza07:
17 May 2019 12:50:37
It moved yesterday afternoon just need to see how it runs and decide if its gonna stay there, I really dont want to move it again  :rolleyes:
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 11:28:52
Good luck for the mruk move.
Bad Raven:
16 May 2019 18:00:47
Cleared it.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1727
  • Total Topics: 179
  • Online Today: 2
  • Online Ever: 169
  • (Tuesday,October 30, 2018, 10:03:43 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

new build, 2020 extrusion frame

Started by shawdreamer, Wednesday,March 21, 2018, 12:35:44

Previous topic - Next topic

shawdreamer

riiiiiiiiiight

one of my long term printing acquaintances has been struggling a bit with building a PolturXL, the main cause being he cant seem to source any of the alu square tube I used for it construction in anything like dependable dimensions, it either turns up too wide or too thin walled :rolleyes:, also hobbyking doesn't seem to want to ship the carbon square tube alternative too his country?

eventually he asked....
"podrías hacerlo usando extrusión 2020" (or something along those lines)

...... he's argentinan btw but after we got past the whole "their called the Islas Malvinas......no their the Falklands..... Malvinas.... FALKLANDS......MALVINAS.........FALKLANDS.... F-you... F-YOU TOO....give them back...GTF............ can I use your design?.....sure go for it" thing we got on pretty well ~~

oh btw, he was asking if I could re-design the XL to use 2020 extrusion which he can get hold of easily in reliable quality.

now I could just re-size the original parts I made for the XL so they except 2020 but I have a personal dislike of doing that sorta thing, I find there's always some form of design clash further down the line, that in mind I'm pretty much started over while still keeping the generalized concept and design setup of the original so as not to adversely effect the additional mechanics and electronics required.

that meant basically designing all new parts suited for 2020.

the original....

its been an absolute workhorse beast and rarely if ever lets me down while still putting up with the stresses of my constant tinkering, testing and upgrading :whistling:...

and after two days of head scratching, measuring, designing, re-designing, drinking to much coffee and occassional bouts of swearing....

the newer 2020 version....

took the opportunity to include all the proven upgrades into the new design,

*Large build area, 300x200 stock but will run a 300x300 with little to no hardware changes
*full bearingless conversion, no more rattly linear bearings for me
*future option to change the X-axis out for a v-slot 2020 axis instead of 8mm rods
*Magnetic multi surface removable printbed
*few other bits and pieces I'm probably forgetting right now

now technically I don't "need" another printer, however I don't like designing something and not physically testing it for defects or design issues so that in mind its only ethically right and morally correct for me to build this printer before releasing the design to my Arge comrade..... least that's what I told the missus

so underway.....

by my reckoning its probably gonna take a good couple of days+ to get all the parts printed, then Ill get the 2020 in and cut, Ive got control boards, extruders, and most of the mechanicals knocking about so will probably just need a set of stepper motors and make up a harness then Ill be somewhere like ready I think :hmm:

update as I go ~~
Geeetech Prusa i3 pro-B (ABS Workhorse)
Pultur Prusa (my own design)
Poltur XL (my own "MUST BE BIGGER" design)
Poltur XL v.2 (my own "MUST BE BIGGER STILL, MUST USE EXTRUSION" design)
https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs

shawdreamer

first bits fresh out the acetone vape chamber....

shiney shiney day-glooooooooooooooooooooo

shawdreamer

about half way through the frame parts now....

2020 extrusions, nuts and bolts are all on the wagon so should have it all within a week and a half tops :wack0

Gaza07

Custom built delta with Flex3Drive Gen 4 / Duet Electronics 330mm build area
Custom built delta with Flex3Drive Gen 4 / Duet Electronics 180mm build area
AnyCubic 4max XY printer 210x210x300 build area
AnyCubic Kossel Mini 180x180x300 build area
Geetech A10M Dual Colour 220x220x260 build area
Kelant Orbeat D100 DLP/SLA

Multi-Rotor UK  YouTube  Thingiverse  3d-Printworx

shawdreamer

whoop whoop almost there...

couple of two hour prints to go and according to Banggood my extrusion is in transit from London as I type which means going by BG delivery estimations and the milage/travel time from London to here, It should land on my doorstep sometime..... mid April :rolleyes:

shawdreamer

Thursday,March 29, 2018, 15:15:49 #5 Last Edit: Thursday,March 29, 2018, 20:27:42 by shawdreamer
extrusion turned up..... before April too :o

obviously I wasted no time slapping it together to check fit and rigidity ::)....

now I know its all solid and there doesn't seem to be any issues (barring widening the screw holes which for some bizarre reason I sized at 3mm even though the bolts are 3mm so they need to be 4mm at least :slap:).

think Ill wait till the weekend to start the full rebuild as Ive got alot to be going on with right now and Id not like any distractions while Im building.

shawdreamer

new enclosure for the electronics so they match in with the new printers design

nate80

Been away for a few days so just picked up this thread. Great read and great design.  ~~ 

shawdreamer

past the half way point now I think, its solid mechanical wise but its getting a bit to late to be dealing with the wiring and I dont want to be making amy silly mistakes cos Im tired so Ill be leaving the bag of worms for the mornin me thinks...

Gaza07

Custom built delta with Flex3Drive Gen 4 / Duet Electronics 330mm build area
Custom built delta with Flex3Drive Gen 4 / Duet Electronics 180mm build area
AnyCubic 4max XY printer 210x210x300 build area
AnyCubic Kossel Mini 180x180x300 build area
Geetech A10M Dual Colour 220x220x260 build area
Kelant Orbeat D100 DLP/SLA

Multi-Rotor UK  YouTube  Thingiverse  3d-Printworx

shawdreamer

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand..... done

knew Id get caught out somewhere though :rolleyes:, X-axis belt is now to short, I forgot I had lengthened the x-axis to accomodate the later addition of a 300x300 bed and sensor, could have sworn I had spare belt about but fecked if I can find it, had to order some in but sod's law it happens on a bank holiday weekend so wont be seeing that till tuesday/wednesday.

still... Im pleased with the outcome, the entire frame is like a brick, so solid, bearingless on all but the Y-axis (might change that at a later date) so its movements are very very quiet ~~.

Im splitting up the tower now so this one is going onto my worktop while the other resides in a new speck underneath...

and now..... I have a sh1tload of cleaning up to do :embarrassed

shawdreamer

nate80

That's very cool.   :cool:   Think I'll go collect that!  I love the design and the way it utilises an IKEA Lack Table.   ~~

I've already got too much on my plate at the moment, so whereas I'd really love to build one right away I'll have to put it on the back burner for the time being.  But, colour me impressed.   :beer2:

shawdreamer

Ive been using lack tables for enclosures for as long as they were discovered to be good for it, there just the right dimensions to enclose a i3 afterall but when I got in mind to build my fourth printer it occurred to me that flipping a lack table upside down actually made for a good basis for a frame when properly reinforced so thats how it came about..... didnt seem like a bad idea to keep doing it with No.7 ::)

added bonus is that after your done building the printer its a absolute breeze to board the sides and enclose it (its basically the same as when you use the lack table the usual way up.....just upside down :laugh:

trebor

If I can produce prints like this when I`m done building mine I will be happy  :smiley: