(October 30, 2018, 10:03:43 am)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 8
Total: 8

Theme Select

Search

Advanced Search

Fabrikator II mini ( Turnigy - HobbyKing ).

Started by Bad Raven, March 18, 2018, 07:57:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

March 18, 2018, 07:57:24 pm Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 08:52:03 pm by Bad Raven
Fabrikator II mini  ( Turnigy - HobbyKing ).

I have one. It's by no means a new product, yet there seems to be little around other than what read as "free supply" reviews on YT.  Can't find a thread for it by search engine.

Given the limitation of its small format (100x100x100), it works pretty well.  (The small size gives a real advantage of a desktop sized alongside PC format) In the last two weeks I have done some real work with mine, making Eachine E010/e011/E013 FPV camera mounts and E010 etc stick extensions for members of my after school club.

Is it worth a specific thread here under printers?

HobbyKing Fabrikator II Mini, 100x100x100. (a Malyan printer re-badged) - Modded with magnetic Flex Bed

Original Prusa i3 Mk3 (All Black)

nate80

March 19, 2018, 09:25:36 am #1 Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 09:29:18 am by nate80
The Fabrikator Mini V2's a nice little printer and good for anyone new to the hobby.  It's a nice looking little thing.

Not sure if many current members own one but a thread could be useful for newbie's, anyone interested in getting one, or when someone needs a little advice?

I like the fact it's compact and comes with some nice features to produce some decent little prints after tweaking the bed and settings.  ~~  The rigid metal box frame and simple print mechanics keep things simple, but the lack of an LCD screen and the awkward access to the hot end's a bit of a shame.  The lack of a spool holder that easily accepts a full size spool beneath the extruder motor is unfortunate too (a quick extended spool holder, an extruder spacer, or a table mounted spool holder solves the problem).  Yeah, the build plate is mini, but that's in the name  ;D and I think the bed levelling by hex key's a bit annoying, but overall it's a fairly good intro into 3d printing.   :beer2:

Bad Raven

AFAIK its a rebadged Maylan M100?  I wonder how interchangable parts and software are, as the Malyan and HK websites are not very forthcoming on information which might help.  I also thought maybe Malyan might have improved it beyond the HK variant but it does not appear so.

I'm not complaining about the Fab II Mini's performance or so far its reliability, but only some of its parts seem to be available from HK.

I do not like the allen key levelling but until I'm forced to dismantle it anyway they will stay.
HobbyKing Fabrikator II Mini, 100x100x100. (a Malyan printer re-badged) - Modded with magnetic Flex Bed

Original Prusa i3 Mk3 (All Black)

SMF Gallery Random Image