Tuesday,September 17, 2019, 04:00:29

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Welcome to Printing 3d. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,September 17, 2019, 04:00:29

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
12 Sep 2019 17:37:38
Sugar Boom Boom !!!!
Hozza:
12 Sep 2019 10:07:52
BooM!
Gaza07:
02 Jun 2019 10:29:04
we are back after a bad server crash
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 22:35:04
All OK now, looks like it was TalkTalk DNS servers
Bad Raven:
17 May 2019 18:06:19
Running ok here, try typing the url in stopping at the .uk
Gaza07:
17 May 2019 16:17:12
hmmm it should be fully prepegated now have you cleared your cache ? also make sure the link your using has no extra bits at the end like redirections.
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 15:36:41
mruk still saying 'Changing hosts we will be back soon !!!!'  for me?
Fingers crossed it runs sweet. Cheers
Gaza07:
17 May 2019 12:50:37
It moved yesterday afternoon just need to see how it runs and decide if its gonna stay there, I really dont want to move it again  :rolleyes:
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 11:28:52
Good luck for the mruk move.
Bad Raven:
16 May 2019 18:00:47
Cleared it.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1727
  • Total Topics: 179
  • Online Today: 2
  • Online Ever: 169
  • (Tuesday,October 30, 2018, 10:03:43 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Tronxy X5Sa

Started by trebor, Tuesday,March 13, 2018, 12:43:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Hozza

Quote from: trebor on Thursday,May 17, 2018, 18:25:22
Like the old milkmaids stool !

Yeah if you have 4 lead screws it would have to be dead perfect or it would bind up, the other option is change to a different pitch like TR8*1 or TR8*2
Makibox (sold)
i3 custom build (sold)
Smartcore (sold)
Kossel XL Duet3D based, with Flex3drive (working)
HEVO Hybrid (worlds slowest build)
Kossel Mini Duet3D based, with Flex3drive (working)
Geeetech A10M (Still in Box)

Hozza

Or try the belt idea you said you saw
Makibox (sold)
i3 custom build (sold)
Smartcore (sold)
Kossel XL Duet3D based, with Flex3drive (working)
HEVO Hybrid (worlds slowest build)
Kossel Mini Duet3D based, with Flex3drive (working)
Geeetech A10M (Still in Box)

Doug

Also don't have the top of the lead screws constrained it isn't a good idea

nate80

Quite a few printers these days seem to come with upper lead screw mounts. I can see the benefit if the lead screws are perfectly upright, perfectly parallel, perfectly true (100% straight) and fed through copper screw nuts that are perfectly centred with the lead screw and stepper motor - which is, like, almost never and virtually impossible to maintain.  Think I'd get shot of the upper lead screw mounts too, or at least try it without them.

Personally I wouldn't go down the 4 lead screw route.  The 2 as standard should work fine (I assume you've had a google to get other owners thoughts and ideas on upgrades and fixes for the X5Sa) and 2 are far less likely to cause binding issues.  Different part of the printer but, I purchased a bespoke toughened print bed carriage and had the option to choose the standard 3 bearing setup (2 on one rail, 1 on the other), or a 4 bearing setup (2 each rail).  I went with the 4 bearing configuration and, whilst it's great when it's freshly calibrated and oiled, I've experienced annoying binding issues that are a pain to keep dealing with.  In general simple's usually better.

trebor

Quote from: nate80 on Thursday,May 17, 2018, 20:39:50
Different part of the printer but, I purchased a bespoke toughened print bed carriage and had the option to choose the standard 3 bearing setup (2 on one rail, 1 on the other), or a 4 bearing setup (2 each rail).  I went with the 4 bearing configuration and, whilst it's great when it's freshly calibrated and oiled, I've experienced annoying binding issues that are a pain to keep dealing with.  In general simple's usually better.

Have you got a picture ?

nate80

Don't think I do, but this is the website I bought the carriage from. It shows the various versions (3 and 4 bearing block setups):

http://tehnologika.net/Malyan-M150-Aluminium-composit-Heated-Bed-Support-Y-carriage-Plate-Reprap/

trebor

Thank you chaps, I must have caught some kind of virus :sick: I mean I was fiddling with this at 6am this morning :blink I turned round the brass threaded bushes 180deg in the same direction both sides thinking the 1mm miss alignment would show itself at the rear side of my bed, levelled it off ran bed right down and back, its blooming PERFECT now.  :confused: I know the 1mm could have been taken care of with the springs but it was just bugging me.

Thats it for now I`m off to charge some more batteries and get the dirty glow fuel out  ::)