Tuesday,October 15, 2019, 03:25:17

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Welcome to Printing 3d. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,October 15, 2019, 03:25:17

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
12 Sep 2019 17:37:38
Sugar Boom Boom !!!!
Hozza:
12 Sep 2019 10:07:52
BooM!
Gaza07:
02 Jun 2019 10:29:04
we are back after a bad server crash
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 22:35:04
All OK now, looks like it was TalkTalk DNS servers
Bad Raven:
17 May 2019 18:06:19
Running ok here, try typing the url in stopping at the .uk
Gaza07:
17 May 2019 16:17:12
hmmm it should be fully prepegated now have you cleared your cache ? also make sure the link your using has no extra bits at the end like redirections.
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 15:36:41
mruk still saying 'Changing hosts we will be back soon !!!!'  for me?
Fingers crossed it runs sweet. Cheers
Gaza07:
17 May 2019 12:50:37
It moved yesterday afternoon just need to see how it runs and decide if its gonna stay there, I really dont want to move it again  :rolleyes:
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 11:28:52
Good luck for the mruk move.
Bad Raven:
16 May 2019 18:00:47
Cleared it.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1727
  • Total Topics: 179
  • Online Today: 5
  • Online Ever: 169
  • (Tuesday,October 30, 2018, 10:03:43 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1

Theme Changer

thumbnail

3d - Printworx

It pays to experiment

Started by Bad Raven, Saturday,December 29, 2018, 08:19:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

, even if accidentally!

I have some HKing Flex filament. I was having trouble finding the right settings for it, with both stringing and erratic layering evident on various Flex presets and with my "tuning" attempts.

Then I made a mistake, and gcoded something intended for Flex as PLA. And it printed superbly well with no loss of flex strength.

Oh Well.......................    :embarrassed
HobbyKing Fabrikator II Mini, 100x100x100. (a Malyan printer re-badged) - Modded with magnetic Flex Bed

Original Prusa i3 Mk3 (All Black)

shawdreamer

there are alot of flex filaments available now that are actually based on PLA formula so often print exactly the same settings.

The Excelvan FlexPla I use prints perfectly fine on the same Pla settings as I generally use for stock Pla, the only difference is bed adhesion (generally the flex sticks to the bed like its been superglued so it helps to have a removable bed surface that can be flexed itself to help the print come away)
Geeetech Prusa i3 pro-B (ABS Workhorse)
Pultur Prusa (my own design)
Poltur XL (my own "MUST BE BIGGER" design)
Poltur XL v.2 (my own "MUST BE BIGGER STILL, MUST USE EXTRUSION" design)
https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs

Bad Raven

I had to use blue tape to reduce its adhesion as it was far too high.
HobbyKing Fabrikator II Mini, 100x100x100. (a Malyan printer re-badged) - Modded with magnetic Flex Bed

shawdreamer

Id avoid using a printbite surface (which is what you have iirc from the other days description) as it grips to it like a limpet :angry:

the only problem with using painters tape (the blue stuff) is it often colour transfers onto the model which can be proper annoying, you might want to try just using normal standard white masking tape with flexi, its lacks a little less grip ability than the blue stuff but with flexi thats actually a bonus half the time.
Geeetech Prusa i3 pro-B (ABS Workhorse)
Pultur Prusa (my own design)
Poltur XL (my own "MUST BE BIGGER" design)
Poltur XL v.2 (my own "MUST BE BIGGER STILL, MUST USE EXTRUSION" design)
https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs

Bad Raven

Quote from: shawdreamer on Saturday,December 29, 2018, 18:17:05
Id avoid using a printbite surface (which is what you have iirc from the other days description) as it grips to it like a limpet :angry:

Yea, know that NOW..............   :laugh:

Quote from: shawdreamer on Saturday,December 29, 2018, 18:17:05
the only problem with using painters tape (the blue stuff) is it often colour transfers onto the model which can be proper annoying, you might want to try just using normal standard white masking tape with flexi, its lacks a little less grip ability than the blue stuff but with flexi thats actually a bonus half the time.

I do not use painters blue tape, I use the blue tape sheets that HobbyKing sell, and with lots of use on various materials (but not ABS as I have never used it at all) it has not ever transferred colour.