collapse

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 9
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Printing 3d ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Hozza: :wack0
    November 18, 2018, 09:38:18 AM
  • Gaza07: back where we should be
    November 17, 2018, 08:36:55 PM
  • Gary Walker: Oi Gaz
    November 17, 2018, 08:30:40 PM
  • Gaza07: Moved host but it didnt work out we are back where we were before every thing should run smoothly now
    November 17, 2018, 08:27:23 PM
  • Gaza07: Oi Gash
    November 14, 2018, 11:17:29 PM
  • Gaza07: Site was down for a short time I tried to add the likes thing again and cocked it up  :whistling:
    September 04, 2018, 07:47:57 PM
  • Gaza07: Im in nottingham was just wondering incase you were close
    August 19, 2018, 12:38:51 AM
  • slurm: st neots
    August 19, 2018, 12:11:46 AM
  • Gaza07: Slurm where are you from mate ? roughly
    August 18, 2018, 12:45:27 PM
  • Gaza07: oooh Tony's printer has landed  ~~
    August 17, 2018, 02:39:28 PM
  • Rammylad: Cheers Gaz, headaches to come lol
    August 14, 2018, 09:01:12 PM
  • Gaza07: Welcome Tony to the dark side
    August 14, 2018, 07:22:00 PM
  • Gaza07: It shows you came back but your not there thats weird
    August 13, 2018, 02:45:42 PM
  • Gaza07: Oh bugger
    August 13, 2018, 02:45:18 PM
  • Doug: I can't get in it mate showing as unavailable due to temporary outage
    August 13, 2018, 02:28:50 PM
  • Gaza07: The room was empty this morning  :rolleyes:
    August 13, 2018, 02:19:07 PM
  • Gaza07: Damn I nodded off no discord is fine Doug we just kicked all the lurkers which left 3 people  :rofl:
    August 13, 2018, 02:18:24 PM
  • Doug: is the discord server down?
    August 13, 2018, 02:04:17 PM
  • Gaza07: I'm bored think I need to build another printer  :blink
    August 11, 2018, 02:57:47 PM
  • Gaza07: HTTPS should now be fully working  :crossfingers:
    August 01, 2018, 06:58:23 PM

Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 44
  • stats Total Posts: 1453
  • stats Total Topics: 145
  • stats Total Categories: 16
  • stats Total Boards: 45
  • stats Most Online: 169

Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: repetier server  (Read 191 times)

Offline shawdreamer

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
    • View Profile
repetier server
« on: October 26, 2018, 02:51:27 PM »
dunno wether anyones really gave this much of a look at.

personally I gave it a quick bash when repetier host first introduced it a while back and though I found the overall concept a good idea and tbh quite workable I also found their application awful clunky, glitch ridden and unreliable.

However They recently brought in 0.90.07 and so far Im very happy to report its working like a charm, all the annoying hiccups seem to have been ironed out and for the last two days or so of testing its functioned perfectly, even while running two printers at the sametime maintaining live progress visuals, stastistics, eta's, temps and control functionality aswell as the optional webcam integration (though I havnt bothered trying that yet)

I currently have My Poltur XL running an ABS 18650 battery holder test print while my pro B is running the same print in Petg and the server isnt showing any signs of the struggle, pauses or general bad behaviour it showed on prior software builds and the biggest bonus is the previous browser comparability issues have also vanished so I can now control all my printers from just about any device I could possibly desire too.

theyve also better integrated multiple firmware variants so the server can cater to a wider scope of printers running different firmware versions (the original one I tested only seemed to work fully with Repetier firmware where as this new build works well with Marlin, Repetier and reprap so far)

I was just about to pull the trigger on a new Pi octo setup for the Poltur too but as Ive got a half decent laptop just knocking about doing nowt (so can act as the server hub) and the newest server build actually seems to now work as intended Im gonna put the octo on hold and see how it go's.

aslong as it holds out it might be a more applicable alternative to an octoprint setup for those running multiple printers but would like to be able to do so wirelessly from anywhere in the house and all at the sametime like myself.

figured Id give it a shout out and see if anyone else wants to give it a whirl too seen as its performed excellently for myself over the last two days ~~
Geeetech Prusa i3 pro-B (ABS Workhorse)
Pultur Prusa (my own design)
Poltur XL (my own "MUST BE BIGGER" design)
Poltur XL v.2 (my own "MUST BE BIGGER STILL, MUST USE EXTRUSION" design)
https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs

Offline Bad Raven

• View Profile
Re: repetier server
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 07:38:31 AM »
I looked at the Server prog when I got my first printer, the Fab II Mini, but didn't get my head round it at all at the time.

I was, and still am, happy to have it next to the PC and in sight while printing on USb direct.

The i3 Mk3 however is a different matter.

I thought I'd got it sorted with a FlashAir but failed for two reasons, neither documented as it should have been.

One, the printer SD slot cannot cope with 64Gb cards and two, it does not work with the current W04 iteration of the FlashAir card.

Guess what I bought...............  :banghead: :banghead:

I could of course buy a 32Gb W03 (though they are getting scarce and thus over priced) but have lost the will to live!!

Having several laptops with time expired Vista (Spit!) that do not run latest printer software, I really should investigate Linux and a network connection for the Mk3.

I quite like Repetier, so maybe should pay more attention to getting it and Cura working with the Mk3.

HobbyKing Fabrikator II Mini, 100x100x100. (a Malyan printer re-badged) - Modded with magnetic Flex Bed

Original Prusa i3 Mk3 (All Black)

Offline shawdreamer

• Global Moderator
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 03:57:46 PM »
I dont actually use the server or repetier host to slice or prep my models tbf (I use Slic3r standalone but anything will work with the server) then I just send the sliced STL file to the relevant printer connected to the server and presto away it go`s.

uptil now I generally run my printers in standalone, Ive never been a fan of throwing a pc/laptop into the mix when its just not needed, Id just rather save my file to a sd card, slot it into the printer and let it do its thing all by itself, adding a computer into the mix often just brought issues and as for running my printers over the original Repetier server build....well...... just so not worth the increase in annoyance levels, but now with this new build everything seems spot on, its not had a single issue so far so, as I said, for anyone who`s looked at it before it definetly worth a revisit to see how its improved ~~
Geeetech Prusa i3 pro-B (ABS Workhorse)
Pultur Prusa (my own design)
Poltur XL (my own "MUST BE BIGGER" design)
Poltur XL v.2 (my own "MUST BE BIGGER STILL, MUST USE EXTRUSION" design)
https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs

Offline Gaza07

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Multi Rotor UK
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 07:41:32 PM »
I tried this some time ago but I mainly run duets now and just dont need it the duet web control gives me all I need   ~~
Custom built delta with Flex3Drive Gen 4 / Duet Electronics 330mm build area
Custom built delta with Flex3Drive Gen 4 / Duet Electronics 180mm build area
AnyCubic 4max XY printer 210x210x300 build area
AnyCubic Kossel Mini 180x180x300 build area
Kelant Orbeat D100 DLP/SLA

http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk
https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/designs