collapse

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Who's Online

Printing 3d ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Hozza: :wack0
    November 18, 2018, 09:38:18 AM
  • Gaza07: back where we should be
    November 17, 2018, 08:36:55 PM
  • Gary Walker: Oi Gaz
    November 17, 2018, 08:30:40 PM
  • Gaza07: Moved host but it didnt work out we are back where we were before every thing should run smoothly now
    November 17, 2018, 08:27:23 PM
  • Gaza07: Oi Gash
    November 14, 2018, 11:17:29 PM
  • Gaza07: Site was down for a short time I tried to add the likes thing again and cocked it up  :whistling:
    September 04, 2018, 07:47:57 PM
  • Gaza07: Im in nottingham was just wondering incase you were close
    August 19, 2018, 12:38:51 AM
  • slurm: st neots
    August 19, 2018, 12:11:46 AM
  • Gaza07: Slurm where are you from mate ? roughly
    August 18, 2018, 12:45:27 PM
  • Gaza07: oooh Tony's printer has landed  ~~
    August 17, 2018, 02:39:28 PM
  • Rammylad: Cheers Gaz, headaches to come lol
    August 14, 2018, 09:01:12 PM
  • Gaza07: Welcome Tony to the dark side
    August 14, 2018, 07:22:00 PM
  • Gaza07: It shows you came back but your not there thats weird
    August 13, 2018, 02:45:42 PM
  • Gaza07: Oh bugger
    August 13, 2018, 02:45:18 PM
  • Doug: I can't get in it mate showing as unavailable due to temporary outage
    August 13, 2018, 02:28:50 PM
  • Gaza07: The room was empty this morning  :rolleyes:
    August 13, 2018, 02:19:07 PM
  • Gaza07: Damn I nodded off no discord is fine Doug we just kicked all the lurkers which left 3 people  :rofl:
    August 13, 2018, 02:18:24 PM
  • Doug: is the discord server down?
    August 13, 2018, 02:04:17 PM
  • Gaza07: I'm bored think I need to build another printer  :blink
    August 11, 2018, 02:57:47 PM
  • Gaza07: HTTPS should now be fully working  :crossfingers:
    August 01, 2018, 06:58:23 PM

Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 44
  • stats Total Posts: 1453
  • stats Total Topics: 145
  • stats Total Categories: 16
  • stats Total Boards: 45
  • stats Most Online: 169

Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Prusa goes SLA!!! And in house Filament Manufacture!  (Read 169 times)

Offline Bad Raven

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Prusa goes SLA!!! And in house Filament Manufacture!
« on: September 23, 2018, 08:29:29 PM »
Message from Jo Prusa today

Hi!
I've been preparing for this weekend for a long time, and now it's finally here. We have prepared two exciting announcements for the World Maker Faire in New York and now I can finally tell you more about our long-awaited in-house made filament and also about a new printer - Original Prusa SL1!

INTRODUCING ORIGINAL PRUSA SL1  OPEN SOURCE SLA 3D PRINTER BY JOSEF PRUSA   

Resin 3D printing was always done at premium prices and by big corporations. We may not wear suits, but we have an incredible amount of new ideas and we are willing to work our asses off, which is something corporations usually lack.
The SL1 isn’t trying to compete with the flimsy Photon or with the ultra-pricey Form but instead I want it to be the MK3 of the resin world – have the best print quality, convenient design and features, ease of use and other things, while keep a price accessible for an everyday hobby maker.

•   Extremely accurate 3D prints: Featuring a high-resolution 5.5'' LCD display and silent trinamic drivers, SL1 is able to reach a minimum layer height of 0.01 mm. With the recommended layer height of 0.025-0.01 mm and print area size of 120 x 68 x 150 mm (or 4.7 × 2.6 × 5.9 in.), you can print more detailed objects than ever before.
•   User friendly and reliable: Built around a rigid dural frame with a separate body, SL1 offers highly reliable printing. Removable resin tank with a FEP film and motorized tilt prevents layer shifts and stirs the resin. Thanks to the automatic calibration feature, you will need to calibrate the printer only once.
•   Low running costs and advanced safety mechanisms: SL1 is compatible with third-party resins. The flexible FEP bottom of the resin tank can be replaced and the whole process is quick, easy and cheap. Thanks to a number of safety features, such as resin level sensor, power panic, vapor extraction or a protective membrane shielding the electronics, the SL1 is perfect for new users.
•   Plenty of smart features and connectivity options: Control the printer using a full-color LCD touchscreen or via a web browser thanks to Wi-fi and LAN connectivity. Slicing models for printing is also easy - SL1 is fully compatible with our Slic3r Prusa Edition slicing software. Printed models can be further processed in Curing and Washing machine (sold separately)
•   Developed by an experienced team: Earlier this year we acquired a Czech company Futur3D specializing in resin printing – and their exceptional team joined us at Prusa HQ, bringing over 5 years of experience in this field with them, so we can make the SL1 really awesome right from the start.

LAUNCHING PRUSAMENT

THE BEST FILAMENT THAT YOU CAN INSPECT YOURSELF

When we manufacture our printers at Prusa Research, we have everything under our control, except for one thing – and that’s the filament. We haven't been satisfied with the quality standards of the current filament production. To make a long story short, since last year we’ve been building a filament factory and perfecting our own in-house filament: Prusament! So let’s dive into some details on how we do things differently.

•   Manufactured in-house: Whenever you heard about the “Prusa filament”, it always referred to a product made for us by an external company (it is a common practice for all printer manufacturers). However, the new Prusament is manufactured in the very same building as our Original Prusa i3 3D printers. Five filament production lines now take up one whole floor of our factory! 
•   Premium-grade materials and thorough testing: It’s difficult to produce a single high-quality spool, but it’s much more difficult to retain a consistent quality in mass production. The whole process is closely monitored and everything is properly tested – string diameter, color consistency, and mechanical properties – to make sure that every spool that leaves our factory is perfect. And you should see our filament winding!
•   ±0.02 mm manufacturing precision: Most filament manufacturers use a ±0.05 mm diameter tolerance when producing 1.75mm filaments. It looks like a tiny number, but we must not forget that this kind of deviation can in its extreme values increase or decrease the expected flow rate by 11.4 %. We decided to set our own manufacturing precision standards, so all our filaments spools are manufactured with ±0.02 mm precision!
•   Quality you can check yourself: We offer you the option to inspect the properties of every manufactured spool. Just take your cell phone and take a picture of the QR code on the box, or enter the spool ID on Prusament.com website. We will show you the maximum deviation of your filament, its standard deviation value and ovality. Plus, you can check the diameter data visualized using a graph. Take a look at sample spool!
•   Oh, and one more thing – Prusament will be also available on Amazons around the world within a month because we know that shipping from Prague to the rest of the world can be a bit expensive :)

Happy Printing!

Jo Prusa

HobbyKing Fabrikator II Mini, 100x100x100. (a Malyan printer re-badged) - Modded with magnetic Flex Bed

Original Prusa i3 Mk3 (All Black)

Online Gaza07

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Multi Rotor UK
Re: Prusa goes SLA!!! And in house Filament Manufacture!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 09:07:39 PM »
The prusa SLA printer is very expensive and in kit form there are much cheaper printers with the same / similar specs, Although the vat level sensor is some thing new and probably very useful  ~~
Custom built delta with Flex3Drive Gen 4 / Duet Electronics 330mm build area
Custom built delta with Flex3Drive Gen 4 / Duet Electronics 180mm build area
AnyCubic 4max XY printer 210x210x300 build area
AnyCubic Kossel Mini 180x180x300 build area
Kelant Orbeat D100 DLP/SLA

http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk
https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/designs

Offline nate80

• View Profile
Re: Prusa goes SLA!!! And in house Filament Manufacture!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 10:15:30 AM »
I'm sure the filament will be top notch. Have to wait till it arrives on Amazon (soon apparently) before ordering a reel to avoid the ludicrous delivery charge from Prague.

The SLA printer looks to follow the same Vein as the Prusa i3 in that it's more expensive than the competition but it'll probably win all sorts of awards for it's build and print quality.  One to watch I guess.