Tuesday,September 17, 2019, 04:01:18

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Welcome to Printing 3d. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,September 17, 2019, 04:01:18

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
12 Sep 2019 17:37:38
Sugar Boom Boom !!!!
Hozza:
12 Sep 2019 10:07:52
BooM!
Gaza07:
02 Jun 2019 10:29:04
we are back after a bad server crash
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 22:35:04
All OK now, looks like it was TalkTalk DNS servers
Bad Raven:
17 May 2019 18:06:19
Running ok here, try typing the url in stopping at the .uk
Gaza07:
17 May 2019 16:17:12
hmmm it should be fully prepegated now have you cleared your cache ? also make sure the link your using has no extra bits at the end like redirections.
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 15:36:41
mruk still saying 'Changing hosts we will be back soon !!!!'  for me?
Fingers crossed it runs sweet. Cheers
Gaza07:
17 May 2019 12:50:37
It moved yesterday afternoon just need to see how it runs and decide if its gonna stay there, I really dont want to move it again  :rolleyes:
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 11:28:52
Good luck for the mruk move.
Bad Raven:
16 May 2019 18:00:47
Cleared it.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1727
  • Total Topics: 179
  • Online Today: 2
  • Online Ever: 169
  • (Tuesday,October 30, 2018, 10:03:43 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 1
Total: 1

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Calibration question

Started by slurm, Wednesday,August 15, 2018, 20:17:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaza07

I'm pleased to hear you have sussed it out well done, I used to calibrate my printer using a bit of paper between the bed and nozzle but I have some thing different now that does it auto,
Do you know how to calibrate the extruder ? if not I can explain

and dont forget some pics of the machine would be nice and prints once you get going  ~~
Custom built delta with Flex3Drive Gen 4 / Duet Electronics 330mm build area
Custom built delta with Flex3Drive Gen 4 / Duet Electronics 180mm build area
AnyCubic 4max XY printer 210x210x300 build area
AnyCubic Kossel Mini 180x180x300 build area
Geetech A10M Dual Colour 220x220x260 build area
Kelant Orbeat D100 DLP/SLA

Multi-Rotor UK  YouTube  Thingiverse  3d-Printworx

slurm

the extruder is to measure the distance travelled for 100mm and divide 2 by each other if different then times that by the 760 figure on the step line.

I used a piece of paper to level and makde sure no drop/rise on x axis, but I do wonder how far it should be from bed when printing, im guesing the mess I make will help with that.

whats the ratio of feed to flowrate? again is that trial and error?

Gaza07

Basically tell it to feed 100mm and then measure what it actually feeds then adjust the stepping to suit if its short increase it, in the other post there was the 4 stepping figures 80 80 80 760 the last one is the stepping for the extruder mine used to be about 96, again its just a case of experimenting,

btw you have to set the delta rod length and the delta rod radius if i remember right, the delta rod radius is the distance horizontally from the tower ball joint centre to the effector ball joint centre this may also affect the movement / stepping.

slurm

yep, done the extruder and done the all the measuring....im good to play now I think, my extruder warms up.

The only minor issue is I have lost my LCD Display, its just blank now.

I might go back to factory settings after saving config h file and see if that gets it back, im sure it had something to do with the eprom flash I done and prolyl shouldn't of.

seems deltas are a lot less popular than when I bought the kit...

Gaza07

The LCD used to play up on my anycubic it used to get all corrupted but powering off then back on normally got it going, you going to print a test cube

Printer looks good well how far it is built you should have some good fun with it  ~~  :beer2:

Bad Raven

Quote from: slurm on Thursday,August 16, 2018, 23:59:41
I used a piece of paper to level and makde sure no drop/rise on x axis, but I do wonder how far it should be from bed when printing, im guesing the mess I make will help with that.

All types of filament printer need the extruder to bed height set extremely carefully. Simplistically if the height is too great, the filament will stay "round" and not adhere to the bed or the adjacent filament sufficiently reliably. If way too high, it will be cooling before it hits the bed and a stringing mess will result.

If the height is too little the filament will squish and a strip will have raised edges. If way too close, the nozzle is likely to pick up already laid filament and tangle the print or force blank/rough areas.

Prusa's firmware lays a test run on a corner of the bed before every print which has three height dimensions to prove the height is well set.

Quote from: slurm on Thursday,August 16, 2018, 23:59:41
whats the ratio of feed to flowrate? again is that trial and error?

On a filament printer, a lot of settings are interconnected. Any decent printer maker should inform a start setting, but the chances of this being right for your specific printer hardware, adjustment, and filament type/make/condition are slim. Tuning WILL be required.

As an example, on my first printer I struggled with what I thought was bed height/levelling, getting very inconsistent results, but over time came to realise that a balance of Extruder Temp, Bed Temp, Flow Rate, Print Speed, etc were all affecting the result just as much.

Initially its a bit daunting to know which to change if its not printing well.

While your printer is of course a different type, with dissimilar adjustment process, the resulting filament lay up quality should be the same, so you should be able to gain some help from the Prusa Research "3D Printing Handbook", as this has (for example) pics for filament first layer tuning as to what you should look and adjust for. (Particularly cross section drawings and on bed pictures of deposited filament shape, pages 24/25)

https://www.prusa3d.com/downloads/manual/prusa3d_manual_mk3_en_3_03.pdf?2

HobbyKing Fabrikator II Mini, 100x100x100. (a Malyan printer re-badged) - Modded with magnetic Flex Bed

Original Prusa i3 Mk3 (All Black)

slurm

ARRRGGGHHHH

everything seem working, had to change around the extruder motor, turn off heat bad in marlin (don't have one yet) and find a nice small box to print, its doing a dry run when it should be printing. hot end Hot,  210c

I can see the extruder motor turning, yet the filament is not feeding, I tried pushing it though which didn't work.

anyone any ideas...?

slurm

filament still showing the scissor cut on the end and no melting...

slurm

took the hot end apart and manually fed the filament into the end, this time a slight thread of filament on the hotend nozzle...but no print

slurm

some faint lines on the masking tape now...

Gaza07

Is your display still not working ?

slurm

Yep not working...I don't anything about LCD type so not too concerned about it currently

And the nozzle is blocked...I have ordered some more nozzles and gonna leave it alone tonight as I'm going mad...

Done all I can to get here and now can't get anything out of her nozzle.

Gaza07

You can often unblock a nozzle by heating it up over a gas hob and tapping it down on summat upside down, the lump blocking it may fall out maybe worth a try it worked for me before  ~~

slurm

I don't have gas....I have slipped some acetone on the home shopping order and looking at some .3mm wire.

It clear I have not got the height right as the last attempt at printing resulted in a square hole in the masking tape.

I will wait until new nozzles come and give it a go Next weekend as I work in Scotland during the week.

Thanks for help and got to say I love some of your print pictures on the print today thread

Gaza07

Thanks Slurm I look forward to seeing how you get on next week with the new bit  ~~  :beer2: