Friday,September 20, 2019, 02:58:32

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Welcome to Printing 3d. Please login or sign up.

Friday,September 20, 2019, 02:58:32

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
12 Sep 2019 17:37:38
Sugar Boom Boom !!!!
Hozza:
12 Sep 2019 10:07:52
BooM!
Gaza07:
02 Jun 2019 10:29:04
we are back after a bad server crash
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 22:35:04
All OK now, looks like it was TalkTalk DNS servers
Bad Raven:
17 May 2019 18:06:19
Running ok here, try typing the url in stopping at the .uk
Gaza07:
17 May 2019 16:17:12
hmmm it should be fully prepegated now have you cleared your cache ? also make sure the link your using has no extra bits at the end like redirections.
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 15:36:41
mruk still saying 'Changing hosts we will be back soon !!!!'  for me?
Fingers crossed it runs sweet. Cheers
Gaza07:
17 May 2019 12:50:37
It moved yesterday afternoon just need to see how it runs and decide if its gonna stay there, I really dont want to move it again  :rolleyes:
ched999uk:
17 May 2019 11:28:52
Good luck for the mruk move.
Bad Raven:
16 May 2019 18:00:47
Cleared it.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1727
  • Total Topics: 179
  • Online Today: 4
  • Online Ever: 169
  • (Tuesday,October 30, 2018, 10:03:43 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Strengthening heat bed joints

Started by nate80, Wednesday,May 02, 2018, 10:10:43

Previous topic - Next topic

nate80

Interested to hear if anyone goes out their way to strengthen their printers heated bed soldered joints? One of the thermistor wires came away from my tronxy x3a bed mid-print last night. Not surprising seeing as the wire is so thin and weak. Proves the tronxy has thermal safety measures in place as the heated bed sure off.  ~~

I was going to solder it back when I get a moment, but I also thought I might create a bracket to attach to the print bed carriage that holds the wires in place and frees the joints from the stresses of movement.

Any other solutions out there?

shawdreamer

I can almost guarantee someones already made the appropriate bracket

<does quick thingie search>

as suspected, lots of cable supports.

only thing is Im unfamiliar with how Tronxy have their bed connectors, a pic might help but generally I assumed theyd used a mk3 alu heatbed, in which case theres a load of cable support options.

even if theyve opted for something one-off though Im sure someones already accounted for the issue by now.

Geeetech Prusa i3 pro-B (ABS Workhorse)
Pultur Prusa (my own design)
Poltur XL (my own "MUST BE BIGGER" design)
Poltur XL v.2 (my own "MUST BE BIGGER STILL, MUST USE EXTRUSION" design)
https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs

nate80

I did check out thingiverse a couple weeks back but couldn't find anything suitable. The tronxy has an oddly shaped acrylic carriage, and there is one support mount for it (that I've actually already printed) but it's not well designed and forces the cables into an immediate 90 degree bend, which isn't great.  I'll probably just knock something up myself when I get a spare minute.   ~~

nate80

I was interested to know what people's experience is with solder joints on the heat bed breaking.  Like, how many people re-solder the joint when they get a new machine or take other action to try and prevent 'the snap'.   :hmm:

shawdreamer

probably a "luck of the draw" thing, Tronxy are not all that bad at QC but you'll always get a couple that sneak through, the occasional dry joint or half arsed soldering job is pretty much the norm were ever you look.

aslong as the pads havnt come away Id clean and re-solder it then just add a basic clamp of some sort that'll reduce some of the stress on the joints during operation, doesnt have to be anything fancy aslong as it does the job.
Geeetech Prusa i3 pro-B (ABS Workhorse)
Pultur Prusa (my own design)
Poltur XL (my own "MUST BE BIGGER" design)
Poltur XL v.2 (my own "MUST BE BIGGER STILL, MUST USE EXTRUSION" design)
https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs

nate80

You could be right and it's just luck of the draw. As I've only had one Tronxy printer myself I'm not qualified to suggest how good or bad their quality control is.

Saying that, the build kit was missing some parts, the printers design lacking (upgrades were needed), the cables supplied werent really suitable and I had to buy new stepper cables, the lead screw connectors were misshapen, the control board has malfunctioned and gotten worse and worse (Hobbyking are sorting a replacement as I type), and the thermistor wire snapped off the print bed. Not the best experience and quality control definitely let plenty slip through, but there you are. At least once the printers upgraded and working it prints lovely.

I'll knock up a suitable bracket for the heat bed joints when Im back home this weekend.